Sunday, August 19, 2012

Repurposing

I frequently watch Chopped on the Food Network. I'm amazed at how many times they don't want red onions used. I'm also totally confused about why competitors use them. Don't they watch the show? I've also learned chefs can't recover from over-salting food or leaving bones in fish.

What the judges expect the most is that contestants repurpose whatever food is in the basket. For example, if pita bread is one of the items, it better not be pita bread by the time the chef presents the meal to them. I suppose they want it to be pesto. Perhaps some knowledge of alchemy would come in handy.

I could never be on that show. I'd be chopped the minute beets showed up. How do you think you'd repurpose beets? Or anything else?


You've just finished reading Repurposing. Consider leaving a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this cartoon. That is hysterical. :) What about repurposing an article? We always talk about that too. It always sounds so easy. . . I think I'm going to have to check out the show you mention. :)

    ReplyDelete